Coleman Connected Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Coleman, Texas > Commentary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MEANDERINGS: Exactly who needs an evaluation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEANDERINGS: Exactly who needs an evaluation?
    Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 2:51pm
Let’s see. Performance evaluation. Exactly what is a performance evaluation? Having spent years in human resources, I have a pretty good idea what a performance evaluation is, having been on the receiving end of evaluations and having given many performance evaluations to my subordinates.

Evaluations are usually annual, and in corporations they are used to rank employees on a scale to determine what percent of the merit increase budget the employee will be eligible to receive for the upcoming year. In giving an evaluation, the “boss” gives praise on a job well done, with specifics, as well as constructive criticism on what aspects of the job can be improved upon, with specifics.

To assist the “boss” to be objective, the performance appraisal typically revolves around a series of prepared criteria. Sample forms to be used in professional job performance evaluations are rampant on Google. Example:https://lead-deadwood.k12.sd.us/forms/classifiedeval.pdf

How an ANNUAL performance evaluation that is required in the EDC contract with executive director Kim Little can be drawn out for months past the year the evaluation was for; i.e., 2015, is beyond comprehension. I just don’t know what to say. All I can point out is that the “performance evaluation” agenda item has been on the 4A EDC agenda for seven months starting in February 2016, with the results always being NO ACTION. Further, the discussion is in an executive session where the executive director is not always even present for her own evaluation. ??????

I’m sorry. This is just too much. The board that sits through these executive sessions and allows this to continue needs to be evaluated. And the city attorney should be asked exactly what is going on, along with being asked the question as to why the city attorney should be involved in performance evaluation executive sessions in the first place.

< rel="async" ="commentable_item" method="post" -ft=""tn":""" ="https://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" id="u_jsonp_4_1e" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic