Coleman Connected

Click here to visit the forum

PTT GETS A DAY IN COURT

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - by Craig

Power to Transform: First date in court, Thursday May 5th, 2016
District Court. Coleman Texas.  2:00 pm.

It has been a very long battle and we expect it will rage on for quite sometime, but tomorrow, May 5th, Power to Transform, representing all those who have signed the two electrical petitions as well as all others who long for fairness in their electrical rate charges, will finally have their day in court.  

This first battle  (tomorrow) is in response to the city's request to the court for a summary judgement.   Basically, last month the city filed a motion with court requesting that the whole matter just be dropped, stating that PTT really does not have any reasonable argument and that there is no valid reason for this matter to even be heard in court.

Well as you can imagine, PTT and its attorneys strongly disagree with that absurd motion and filed a response to the city's motion.  That response can be found in the forum for all that are interested.   This then is what is front of the court: Does PTT have a case and should the people of Coleman be heard?

We of course believe the court will find in our favor and grant us the ability to bring the full argument and request of the people to the district court and finally allow the people to be given their right to VOTE.

That's really what it boils down to. PTT and the petitioners just want the right to VOTE.  Two fully certified petitions have been completely ignored by your current city council.  That's right, your current city council and all members on it voted to prevent you from voting.   PTT believes they have violated the Coleman City Charter and of course they have violated your rights which are clearly defined.

That is what will be discussed tomorrow.  Do the citizens of Coleman have a right to be heard on this subject matter and allow the process to continue to the next level in district court?

You are welcome and encouraged to show up, 2:00 pm at the district court house (Coleman court house).  We hope to see you there.

Share Post   

View Comments 4 Comments

Direct Link to this Comment Smithe53 - Saturday, May 07, 2016 13:34
When I originally commented I clicked the Notify me when new comments are added checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get 4 emails using the same comment. Is there any way you may take away me from that service? Thanks! dgdgdecdekecfgde

Direct Link to this Comment Smithg932 - Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:40
Hi there! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently! dadedbkagcfdkcfd

Direct Link to this Comment Smithk193 - Wednesday, August 31, 2016 17:04
It is actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing. agfcffkgffabddkg

Direct Link to this Comment Smithe668 - Friday, September 23, 2016 18:01
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how can we communicate? debfacegdbkfabeg

Leave a Comment